Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tater Tots and Rice Krispies Treats

I recently met some friends for drinks at the Quarry House Tavern in Silver Spring. The Quarry House Tavern is a basement level bar with well worn furnishings and interior. There was an unpretentious mixed ages crowd.

One of my companions commented to me that the menu was a little strange because it listed grilled cheese sandwhich as one of the options. I had to agree that grilled cheese sandwhiches aren't generally considered bar food, but they are frequently offered at diners. The boys mother, for as long as I have known her has always ordered a grilled cheese sandwhich whenever it was an option.

While I didn't think the grilled cheese sandwhiches were strange, I did think it was odd that the hamburgers and sandwhiches came with tater tots instead of french fries and that the only item on the dessert menu was Rice Krispies treats.

Eating tater tots while drinking beer makes an evening at the Quarry House Tavern unlike an evening anywhere else. There are a couple other noteworthy items on the menu. First, the homemade potato chips with sour cream and dill dip. The potato chips were thin, crispy, and served hot. Also, my hamburger was thick and juicy. I reccomend both.

The Quarry House Tavern is located at 8401 Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring.

No comments: